Sunday, January 26, 2014

30 min cardio and core interval



And did the 30 minute cardio & core interval workout. ==> 

She claims you can burn 275-350 calories if you do it hard without stopping. Seems about right. 

I enjoyed the workout. It did have quite a bit of jumping or hopping to it. And it was true intervals. You'd get your heart rate up and go down, over and over. It is a cardio core, so you have quite a bit of floor work every now and then as well. I hate to do core, so I figured this might be a good way to sneak it in. 

You know I'm a nut about heart rate and most abs workouts are a total wash on the calories (I think T25 abs runs me around 105 bpm, which is totally blah). This workout was better for me--132 bpm average. I had an abnormal spike at the beginning, but after that, it seems accurate. 

There was a two minute cool down at the end, and it was just stretching, so I didn't include that in my heart rate analysis and stats. 

Overall, it was a nice challenge with some core work added in. Give it a try!





No comments:

Post a Comment