Tuesday, January 7, 2014

GCN: 20 Minute High Intensity Indoor Cycling Workout

Well, it was 3 degrees this morning, so still stuck inside for workouts. I got up early with the hubby for T25 Speed 1.0. It was a good workout, but my heart rate average was only 131 bpm, so I waited an hour and did another spinning workout from Global Cycling Network-- 20 Minute High Intensity Indoor Cycling Workout. This was a pretty intense workout!

The workout is here-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGGvKt8vWho and the format is as follows:


What I Liked:

  • It starts with a 4 minute warmup period and ends with a 3 minute (I think) cooldown period. That was good for getting ready at the beginning and bringing the heart rate down at the end.
  • I did a similar workout over the weekend that I reviewed. It had three body positions. This only has ONE position; essentially, you stay in the saddle the entire time and you either go hard or you recover. I presume if you wanted to add difficulty, you could come out of the saddle or change your arms. I did sit up straight with my arms off the bars and pumped my arms some on the longer rest intervals.
  • They show several male cyclists (who apparently some people might be familiar with) and they also show their heart rates during the workout. That was pretty cool to see.
  • My heart rate ROCKED during this workout! 

Concerns:
  • I honestly don't have any! I felt this was a solid workout, great push, and you can adjust your own tension and speed as you go to your fitness level. But, my advice is when it's time to go hard, GO HARD! :)

Recommend? Yes, HIGHLY. Even if you don't cycle regularly, if you go to the gym, I think you'll find this a nice change of pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment