Thursday, January 2, 2014

Spin Workout--My First Experiment

Global Cycling Network has a YouTube channel that posts several Spin Class workout videos. I figured today was the day to try out one of the classes online since I've never taken a spinning class.

Here is what I liked about it:

  • It was only 20 minutes; I don't like long workouts and get bored very easily.
  • There were only three positions to worry about. That might sound boring, but I don't mind repetition when I am only going to have to go hard for a third of an hour.
  • There was a countdown clock during intervals so you knew how much time you had left, and I love that feature. 
What I didn't love...
  • The "trainer" was a little bit monotone. It might have been a fancy computer voice, even. 
  • They show people doing the workout with you on bikes. They are all ladies, so probably not the biggest pull for men doing the exercises. And, they don't seem happy or energetic at all. 
  • The music was just techno stuff; nothing recognizable. 
Recommend? YES! For the short time span, it was a good workout. I got a great sweat on. As I am a heart rate monitor freak, I did wear it through the workout. I would say once I got going, I generally stayed around 140-155 bpm. They are very big on increasing your resistance if your bike is wobbly or if you can't stay stable, and that was good advice. So, I say go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment