Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How My Week Has Gone.. and a short "bootcamp" workout review...

I have been back to work (all the snow is gone!) and busy, busy, busy this week! Don't worry, just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been working out. I have been hitting the treadmill in the evenings and doing T25 with my husband in the mornings. But, just not really doing online workouts.

I had a volleyball game tonight (and I didn't miss any serves... yay!), so I decided to do a short workout tonight and then I'm heading to the treadmill for a 20 minute jog. I have been super good with food this week, so certainly hoping to have a good week on the scales.

Off topic, I don't know if it was the particular flavor or what, but I tried Greek yogurt yesterday and hated it. HATED IT. I love yogurt, but the caramel macchiato flavored yogurt was just icky. It tasted, for lack of a better word, sour! Anyway, went back to the generic low fat 90-calorie yogurt (raspberry.... yum!) today and that makes me happy. Oh, and tuna. That's my lunch this week. I love pouch tuna-- hickory smoked. If you haven't tried that flavor, do it. SO GOOD.

Okay, to my workout I just did... she called it "15-min Black Friday Bootcamp" for the day after Thanksgiving. It was all bodyweight, low impact (no jumping), and my heart rate average was 121 for the 15 minutes. She did suggest (in the comments) doing the workout twice or using it as a warmup for a run (which is what I am doing!).

The workout is here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84Fnn8Gb1s

What I Liked:

  • I really didn't like the workout tons. It is intervals that are either 1 minute or 30 seconds long, so it didn't seem super terrible in length. I do like intervals to move the heart rate up and down.


Concerns:

  • Boring. It was just kind of boring... I mean, I can handle boring if my heart rate gets up higher, but at least I broke the 120 (which is not bad for low impact). 
  • Abs. Ick. I have horrible abs. There were a few ab exercises and planks. So, those seemed hard. I am in good physical shape, but I guess I need to work those abs more. I think if you haven't been toning, you might find this workout a little difficult to finish, even though you aren't going to burn major calories. 
  • I couldn't really hear her cues well enough. I was trying to watch TV and do this and really had to look up quite a bit to see if it was time to switch exercises. 
Recommend? Nope. There are way better and more fun workouts out there. Take a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment