Sunday, January 12, 2014

Athletic Interval Training Cardio Workout: Denise Austin

I was getting ready to get in the shower and decided to find one more really short workout before I call it a day. My daughter has a cheer competition this weekend, so we are heading out of town.

Since I was in the mood for Denise Austin, I found an interval workout by her and decided to give it a try. I haven't done this one before, but since I just did another Denise Austin workout, I picked up on it quickly as some of her moves from the Cardio Burn Weights workout were repeated (without weights).

Workout-->  http://youtu.be/VL52s3sAP9g

What I Liked:
  • 10 minutes of cardio. My heart rate was 136 bpm average with high of 154. I think it would be a good workout before a run/jog. 
  • The "athlete" vibe was cool. You run, do football like jumps, bow and arrows, etc. 
  • The moves change quickly. You don't do anything for a really long time. 
Concerns:
  • It's got some impact moves, so this might be a problem for some. It's not super heavy on jumping, but there are one leg hops and things like that. Most of the moves are more running in place, big steps, kicks, or lifting your legs. 
  • I think if it's too challenging for someone that it's easily adaptable. She doesn't give any alternate moves, though. 
Recommend? Well, I liked it. It's short, so I'm not sure it's "enough" if you are really trying to get more fit. But, it's a good workout. If you like to run, I think you will like this workout. It's very "athletic" feeling and would probably be a great workout to warm up your muscles before a run.


No comments:

Post a Comment