Monday, February 3, 2014

My new favorite 10 minute workout!

I had an ice cream tonight....so, I decided another little workout was in order. I searched for 10 minute workouts, thinking I'd just go hard for 10 minutes and then maybe do it again if I felt like it. And, I did! 

Here it is-->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-VH0aTOOik
PopSugarLiving's Fat Blasting 10-Minute Workout Video With Jeanette Jenkins

I LOVED this workout! It's a challenge with some "not real simple" moves, which I really enjoyed. And, it starts off with "Burpee Push Shuffle." Scared? You should be! But, it's only 10 reps. So, you can do it. PUSH YOURSELF!

You do need a set of hand weights. She uses two 5-pound weights. I used those the first round that I did. The second round, I subbed a 15-pound weight for the overhead extensions. 

This workout is over before you know it. She has a little "rep countdown clock" on the corner of the screen. The starting clock is only 9:30, so it's a quick workout. I just tapped side to side for 30 seconds at the end so my heart rate would be for a full 10 minutes and you can see below... 143 bpm average! That's awesome.


It's five exercises and they are total body, which makes your time well spent:
  • Burpee Push Shuffle
  • Squat Leg Lift Medial Delt
  • Front Kick Two Hand Touch
  • Back Row Fly with Booty Tap
  • Grand Plie with Overhead Extension

And, she gives you a good 10-15 seconds between each exercise to catch your breath and introduce the next set. So, you do get to bring your heart rate down just a little bit before moving on.  I love that it is a lot of up and down or big motions, so your heart rate really soars AND you are using lots of core. I hate slow, boring core workouts, so this is much more my style.

Well, what are you waiting for!? Try it! Or at least bookmark it! I enjoyed my two rounds tonight! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment