Monday, February 10, 2014

Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights level 1


Well, we moved into "Beta" stage in our morning T25 workouts today (Beta Core Cardio), meaning we are now officially advanced! I loved today's workout. But, tonight, I wanted something more weights instead of cardio. This workout is one I've had on my radar. And, it looked like it would be weights with a little cardio, so bonus. I did not wear my heart rate monitor tonight, though. I wish I would have. I felt like my heart rate did get up there sometimes.

This workout was pretty intense with the 15 pound weight I was using. She uses kettle bells, though her "basic" person used a small dumbbell. I am not sure what weight she was using, but I'd guess around 15 pounds. I'd say if you are just starting out, go with 10. If you are a guy or really super strong, go 20. 

I really enjoyed the workout. It wasn't too high impact, though there were some big arm swings that could be difficult if you have shoulder problems and some squat jumps (tough on feet/knees) in one of the circuits. 

If you want to get toned, I say go for this one! It's only 25 minutes with about a three minute cooldown afterward, so a time saver!  Link--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w2ssgjdIts

Do any of you have any killer weights workouts that you know about? I'd love to try Body Beast... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment