Thursday, July 3, 2014

Playground Workout-- Shawnee CAYSA Playground


Today, my oldest daughter, Sierra Beth, and I tackled a new playground. This is the playground from a distance. We came up with 10 exercises that get maximum burn! You will get a great cardio workout and get some strength training at the same time. 


Our circuits list:
  • Slide climb
  • Wall climb
  • Pushups or bounce planks
  • Ladder climbs
  • Step climb and swing
  • Fireman ladder, pike, and slide
  • One legged squats
  • Sprints
  • Balance beam
  • Stool steps

I have an Android phone and used the Tabata HIIT timer to give us audio cues to switch. We did 20 rounds with 45 second rounds and 15 seconds for rest/transition between exercises for a total of 20 minutes. There were 10 circuits, so we did each circuit twice.

Here is a link to my demo of the 10 exercises we came up for at Shawnee park and you can watch below... I'm 39 years old, but I can do it, so you can, too!!! --> 


My daughter is much better, though... here's a 12 year old going for it! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghtGS3LPhT8&list=UU9wQQEwTOd0KKonVpoxvpAA

My average heart rate for the 20 minutes of this circuit was 155 bpm! Wow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment