Saturday, March 22, 2014

20 Minute Butt and Thigh Step Workout @fitnessblender



They just posted this new workout this month at Fitness Blender. Since it uses a step and I don't use mine too often, I decided to try it out. The workout is here-->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29SHXdBE4-o&list=UUiP6wD_tYlYLYh3agzbByWQ

It was pleasantly surprised by the workout. I don't tend to get really high heart rates on the step without weights, but an average of 136 bpm was pretty decent for a step. I will say that I turned off my heart rate monitor at minute 16 because the last 5 minutes appears to be cooldown and it's all stretching, so my heart rate came down very quickly. Once it got to below 120, I turned it off. So, it's a 20 minute workout, but I'd say only 15 minutes of active workout time. I think this workout might be a really nice warmup with stretch before a long run.

There were a few challenging moves involving jumping on and off the step or straddling the step, so if you are timid about jumping on things, that could psyche you out a bit. But, overall, it was a nice workout. I just wish the active part was about 5 minutes longer!
All natural me! --->


No comments:

Post a Comment